Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is BFD Horsepower?
- What do I need in order to use this expansion pack?
- What is included?
- What exactly are the 'character' mic channels?
- Who is BFD Horsepower recorded by?
- How much disk space is used by BFD Horsepower when installed?
- Do you allow license transfers?
What is BFD Horsepower?
BFD Horsepower is an expansion pack for FXpansion's BFD3 software drum instrument. It features a variety of drum sounds geared towards Americana genres - country, blues, rock, and more.
What do I need in order to use this expansion pack?
BFD Horsepower requires a registered copy of BFD3. It is not compatible with BFD1.x, BFD2 or BFD Eco.
What is included?
The following are provided with sticks and brushes, each in a natural, and 2 processed versions (6 kits in total).
- 20x14 Kick damped
- 20x14 Kick resonant
- 14x5 Snare low tuned (paper), snare off
- 14x5 Snare low tuned (paper), snare on
- 14x5 Snare high tuned (tea towel), snare off
- 14x5 Snare high tuned (tea towel), snare on
- 16x16 Floor Tom
- 13x9 Rack Tom
- 12x8 Rack Tom
- 14" Sabian AA Hi-hat
- 20" Zildjian A Custom Crash
- 19" Zildjian K Dark Crash
- 21" Zildjian A Custom Ride
- Bonus Tambourine (from BFD3 but processed)
What exactly are the 'character' mic channels?
- A compressed and saturated side-kit mic (besides the floor tom) offers a mono sound with grit and energy
- The 'FX' channel features processing through custom plate reverb and is full of warmth and vintage tone
- Finally, a unique trash can mic lets you dial in lo-fi dirt
Who is BFD Horsepower recorded by?
BFD Horsepower was recorded and produced in-house at FXpansion by Drew Vernon and Michael Bugh.
How much disk space is used by BFD Horsepower when installed?
The download size is approximately 22 GB.
Do you allow license transfers?
- If you're the seller, you must contact us in advance of the sale. If you're a prospective second-hand buyer, you must check that the seller is cleared to sell. If in doubt, contact us.
- Review copies, NFRs (Not For Resale copies, sometimes used for in-store demos), etc., cannot be transferred under any circumstances.
- We reserve the right to refuse a license transfer request.
Once a transfer is authorized the new owner is entitled to exactly the same upgrade paths and technical support resources as if they had bought the product new. Please see our guide on License Transfers for more information