Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is BFD Crush?
- What do I need in order to use this expansion pack?
- What version of BFD is required?
- What is included?
- What articulations are included?
- What channels are included?
- Why are the preset amounts different for Eco and BFD2?
- Why are there different downloads for BFD2/Eco and BFD3?
- Who is BFD Crush recorded by?
- How much disk space is used by BFD Crush when installed?
- Do you allow license transfers?
What is BFD Crush?
BFD Crush is an expansion pack for BFD3, BFD Eco, and BFD2, that captures a stunning Crush Drums Sublime AXM drum kit. Tuned and processed by our in-house engineers to sound loud and proud out of the box, this kit is perfect for all progressive and technical rock and metal genres.
What do I need in order to use this expansion pack?
BFD Crush requires a registered copy of BFD3, BFD2, or BFD Eco, with the latest version installed. It is not compatible with BFD1.x.
What version of BFD is required?
BFD Crush is supported on BFD3 V. 188.8.131.52 or above, BFD2 V. 184.108.40.206, and BFD Eco V. 220.127.116.11
What is included?
- Crush Sublime AXM 24" x 16" Bass Drum
- Crush Sublime AXM 16" x 14" Floor Tom
- Crush Sublime AXM 14" x 12" Floor Tom
- Crush Sublime AXM 12" x 8" Rack Tom
- Crush Sublime AXM 10" x 8" Rack Tom
- Crush Sublime AXM 14" x 5" Sublime Snare
- Crush Sublime AXM 14” x 5.5” Aluminum Snare
- Crush Sublime AXM 14” x 7” Hybrid Hand Hammered Steel Snare
- Meinl 14" Heavy Soundwave Hihat
- Meinl 10” Dark Splash
- Meinl 14” Byzance Thin Crash
- Meinl 16" Byzance Dry Crash
- Meinl 18" Byzance Thin Crash
- Meinl 14" Byzance China
- Meinl 22” Byzance Ride
- Meinl Stack 1 - 14” Thin Crash & 14” China
- Meinl Stack 2 - 16” Dry Crash & 14” China
- Meinl Stack 3 - 10” Dark Splash & 14” China
What articulations are included?
- Kick: Hit
- Snares: Hit, Rimshot, Rim Click, Side Stick, Half Edge, Drag
- Toms: Hit, Rim Click, Rimshot
- Hihat: Pedal, Closed Shank, Closed Tip, Quarter Shank, Quarter Tip, Half Open Shank, Half Open Tip, Three Quarter - Shank, Three Quarter Tip, Open Shank, - Open Tip
- Cymbals: Hit, Bell, Edge
What channels are included?
- Kick: Audix D6, Sennheiser E602, AKG D112, AEA R84
- Snare: Shure SM57, Sennheiser 421, SE Electronics SE3A, Shure SM57 (Bottom), AEA R84
- Toms: Audix D6, Sennheiser 421, Sennheiser E602
- Hihat & Cymbals: SE Electronics SE3A (direct microphone)
- Overheads: AKG C451b
- Room: SE Electronics SE2A
- Amb3: PZM Boundary Microphone
- Tile: Oktava MK220
- Mono: Neumann TLM103
Why are the preset amounts different for Eco and BFD2?
BFD2 and Eco are discontinued products, and we’re supporting them as much as we can.
Why are there different downloads for BFD2/Eco and BFD3?
BFD2 and Eco use different articulation layouts, which requires different data packages.
Who is BFD Crush recorded by?
BFD Crush was recorded and produced in-house by FXpansion engineers Drew Vernon and Michael Bugh.
How much disk space is used by BFD Crush when installed?
The download size is approximately 6 GB. During the BFD Crush installation, you are given the following installation options:
- 6 GB for BFD3 only
- 21 GB for BFD2 & Eco
Do you allow license transfers?
- If you're the seller, you must contact us in advance of the sale. If you're the prospective second-hand buyer, you must check that the seller is cleared to sell. If in doubt, contact us.
- There is a flat $50 fee per product for a license transfer, which can be purchased from our online shop.
- Review copies, NFRs (Not For Resale copies, sometimes used for in-store demos), etc., cannot be transferred under any circumstances.
- We reserve the right to refuse a license transfer request.
Once a transfer is authorized and the fee has been paid, the new owner is entitled to exactly the same upgrade paths and technical support resources as if they had bought the product new.