What is BFD Sleishmann Drums?
BFD Sleishmann Drums is an expansion pack for BFD3, BFD Eco and BFD2 featuring a Sleishmann drumkit (kick, snares and toms only).
BFD Sleishmann Snares is also available.
BFD Sleishmann Drums and BFD Sleishmann Snares are both download-only products.
What do I need in order to use BFD Sleishmann Drums?
BFD Sleishmann Drums requires a registered copy of BFD3, BFD Eco or BFD2 (versions 2.1 and later only) and a suitable system on which to run it.
Can I use this product with BFD 1.x?
No - this expansion can only be used with BFD3, BFD Eco or BFD2 (versions 2.1 or later only). BFD 2.1 is a free update to all registered BFD2 users.
Why does it have these requirements?
BFD3, BFD Eco, and BFD2.1 (and later versions) are equipped to handle the data format and custom channel layout featured in this expansion; previous versions of BFD2 and BFD 1.x cannot.
What kind of limitations exist when using this product with BFD Eco?
When using this expansion in BFD Eco, limitations apply in terms of the audio channels and articulations that are available (this is one of BFD Eco's limitations, as opposed to the fully-featured BFD3 or BFD2).
BFD Eco is a streamlined instrument based on the BFD2 engine.
Is BFD Sleishman Drums an FXpansion product?
Yes - it was recorded by John Emrich for FXpansion and is distributed in a download-only form on the FXpansion webshop.
How big is the download?
2 files totaling approximately 1.2GB.
What equipment was used for the recordings?
- Kick In: Sennheiser 421 on the beater side / API 3124 preamp
- Kick Out: Neumann FET 47 / API 3124 preamp
- Kick Resonant: Yamaha Sub Kick / Neve VR console channel preamp
- Snare Top: Shure Beta 57A / API 3124 preamp
- Snare Bottom: EV N/D457 / API 3124 preamp
- Snare Side: Violet Design Wedge / ATI 8MX2 preamp
- Toms: Violet Design Globe / ATI 8MX2 preamp
- Overhead: Single Flamingo Stereo mic / ATI 8MX2 preamps
- Room: Violet Design M50 prototype mics / Prodigy Engineering Anima preamp
- Amb3: Nevaton MC404 stereo mic placed in the center of the room / Metric Halo ULN2 preamps
Do you allow license transfers?
- If you're the seller, you must contact us in advance of the sale. If you're a prospective second-hand buyer, you must check that the seller is cleared to sell. If in doubt, contact us.
- There is a flat $50 fee per product for a license transfer, which can be purchased from our online shop.
- Review copies, NFRs (Not For Resale copies, sometimes used for in-store demos), etc., cannot be transferred under any circumstances.
- We reserve the right to refuse a license transfer request.
Once a transfer is authorized and the fee has been paid, the new owner is entitled to exactly the same upgrade paths and technical support resources as if they had bought the product new.