Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is BFD Modern Drummer Snare Selects?
- What do I need in order to use this expansion pack?
- Can I use this product with BFD 1.x?
- Why does it have these requirements?
- What kind of limitations exist when using this product with BFD Eco?
- What is included?
- How was this product recorded?
- Is BFD Modern Drummer Snare Selects related to any previous products?
- What detail levels are present in the recordings?
- How big is the download?
- Do you allow license transfers?
What is BFD Modern Drummer Snare Selects?
BFD Modern Drummer Snare Selects is an expansion pack for FXpansion's BFD3, BFD Eco, and BFD2 software drum instruments, featuring a variety of premium and boutique snares, each one a recipient of the Modern Drummer Snare Drum of the Month award.
What do I need in order to use this expansion pack?
BFD Modern Drummer Snare Selects requires a registered copy of BFD3, BFD Eco, or BFD2 (versions 2.1 and later only).
Can I use this product with BFD 1.x?
No - this expansion can only be used with BFD3, BFD Eco or BFD2 (versions 2.1 or later only). BFD 2.1 is a free update to all registered BFD2 users.
Why does it have these requirements?
BFD3, BFD Eco and BFD2.1 (and later versions) are equipped to handle the data format and custom channel layout featured in this expansion; previous versions of BFD2 and BFD 1.x cannot.
What kind of limitations exist when using this product with BFD Eco?
When using this expansion in BFD Eco, limitations apply in terms of the audio channels and articulations that are available (this is one of BFD Eco's limitations, as opposed to the fully-featured BFD3 or BFD2).
BFD Eco is a streamlined instrument based on the BFD2 engine.
What is included?
The following snares are included:
- Ahead 6" x 13" Nickel-over-brass
- Cadeson 6.5" x 14" Bubinga with abalone inlay
- Fidock 6" x 14" Stave Bubinga with wood hoops
- GMS 5.5" x 14" Aluminum Freddie Holliday
- Gretsch 4" x 14" Jasper maple
- Longo 5.5" x 14" Solid Walnut with maple reinforcing hoops
- Mapex 6" x 13" Deep forest walnut Black Panther
- Pork Pie 6" x 13" Brass patina
- Spawn 6.5" x 14" Vented steel
- Tama 6" x 14" Brass Warlord Athenian
- Taye 7" x 14" Maple with wood hoops
- Worldmax 5" x 14" Chrome-plated brass Black Dawg
They are provided in the following versions:
- Ahead Rod Off
- Ahead Stick On
- Pork Pie Brush On
- Pork Pie Stick On
- Cadeson Brush On
- Cadeson Stick On
- Fidock Stick On
- Fidock Stick Off
- Mapex BP Stick On
- Mapex BP Stick Off
- Spawn Rod On
- Spawn Stick On
- GMS Brush On
- GMS Stick On
- Gretsch Brush On
- Gretsch Stick On
- Longo Brush On
- Longo Stick On
- Tama Hand Off
- Tama Stick On
- Taye Rod On
- Taye Stick On
- World Max Stick On
How was this product recorded?
BFD Modern Drummer Snare Selects was produced, recorded, and edited by John Emrich using the following equipment:
- Snare Top: Violet Flamingo Jr. with an API 3124 Preamp
- Snare Bot: Violet Finger (with ring) with an API 3124 Preamp
- OH: Violet Flamingo Stereo mic with an API 3124 Preamp
- Room: Violet m50 with a Metric Halo ULN2 (+DSP) Preamp
- Ambient 3: Audio Technica 4040 with an API 3124 Preamp
Nuendo was used for the recording and Pro Tools for all of the editing. The entire collection was captured at 44.1kHz 24 bit. The project was co-produced by Mike Dawson, Managing Editor of Modern Drummer and author of the Snare Drum of the Month review series.
Is BFD Modern Drummer Snare Selects related to any previous products?
BFD Modern Drummer Snare Selects was originally a Modern Drummer product distributed by Platinum Samples called Modern Drummer Snare Drum Selects Vol.1. If you have previously purchased and registered this product in your FXpansion.com user account for use in your BFD software, you will find it already included as a downloadable product within your account downloads page.
Modern Drummer is a registered trademark of Modern Drummer Publications, Inc.
What detail levels are present in the recordings?
The main articulation (Hit) for each snare varies between approx. 45-120 layers.
How big is the download?
The download size is approximately 6 GB.
Do you allow license transfers?
- If you're the seller, you must contact us in advance of the sale. If you're the prospective second-hand buyer, you must check that the seller is cleared to sell. If in doubt, contact us.
- There is a flat $50 fee per product for a license transfer, which can be purchased from our online shop.
- Review copies, NFRs (Not For Resale copies, sometimes used for in-store demos), etc., cannot be transferred under any circumstances.
- We reserve the right to refuse a license transfer request.
Once a transfer is authorized and the fee has been paid, the new owner is entitled to exactly the same upgrade paths and technical support resources as if they had bought the product new.